After registering your company in Zimbabwe, you are also required to register with the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) within 30 days of starting to trade. However, the are some requirements that are needed when you register. But before we delve into that, lets find out why you should register with ZIMRA.
Why should I register with ZIMRA
1. To be able to open a bank account
All Zimbabwean banks are required by law to request for a tax clearance when opening a bank account hence you should register with ZIMRA to be issued a tax clearance.
2. To be issued a tax clearance
You can only be issued a tax clearance once you register with ZIMRA.
3. The law says so
The law requires that every company registers with ZIMRA within 30 days after starting to trade.
4. To contribute to the fiscus
It is every citizen’s responsibility to contribute to the nation’s fiscus through tax contributions. The contributions help in the nation’s development e.g. building infrastructure.
Requirements for ZIMRA registration
- Certificate of incorporation
- CR 6: contains details of directors
- CR 5: contains registered address of company
- Stamped current Bank Statement;
- Memorandum of Association (1st 3 pages plus the last page)
- Articles of Association (1st 3 pages plus the last page)
- Identity documents for at least 2 Directors
- Proof of residence in form of utility bills, support with affidavit if bill is not in your name
You also need to appoint a public officer. A public officer generally liaises with the Revenue Authority on behalf of the company. He can be one of the company’s directors or an employee. You are supposed to provide the public officers following information:
- Letter of appointment as public officer, stating the name, ID Number, Residential address and a statement to the effect that the public officer is a signatory to the company’s bank account;
- Identity card
- Stamped current bank statement;
- Proof of residence in form of utility bills, support with affidavit if not in your name.
So now that you have a good understanding of the requirements for ZIMRA registration, why not take a look at our Private Limited Company Packages or Private Business Corporation Packages which include packages with ZIMRA registration and get your company registered quickly and professionally with Register Your Company. If you are a non-Zimbabwean resident, take advantage of our Non-Resident Packages.